Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas Fun


Christmas is so much fun with kids. Steve had a tradition growing up that all the kids would sleep in one room on Christmas Eve. When it was time to go in the living room they would then have to line up in order (not sure which order), but I think it was mostly to give the parents time to get the camera ready. Then they would run to their spots. Yes, each child had their own spots, and i think they were the same year after year.



Now my family traditions are a bit different. My dad would let me open gifts early. I think it was because he got tired of me asking him, "please daddy!!" It was fun, we had Christmas for a week. We also opened all of our gifts on Christmas Eve. I think that was so my parents could sleep in. I also remember trying to catch Santa, so I would sleep on the couch. But it never worked. I would wake up and find my stocking full and the cookie plate empty.




With the merging of two families Steve and I have tried to create our own traditions, and keep some of our family ones. This year we let the kids open gifts from Grannie and Great- Papa (Joy's parents) early. And then on Christmas Eve the kids had a sleep over, in Ellyn's room. They did line up, so mom could get the camera ready, and then they ran to their spots!






After the mess was made, we head over to Grandma's house (Steve's parents) for even more Christmas fun. We share gifts and then feast on what has become the traditional Christmas morning breakfast with all the kids and grandkids.




1 comment:

Michelle @ Twig said...

oh yeah i can get a glimpse of your tree since i never got to see it! looks pretty!