Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"The Headache" by Andy

Day 11 on same headache. Yuck. It started Sunday before last when we had a huge storm roll in. I normally get headaches with the weather changes (so does Andy, maybe not headache, but he acts like a crazy person), so I knew it was coming. But this one just didn't go away, it took me out. It became a 2 pain pill per day headache. Then on Sunday my dear friend June (who happens to get headaches on the same day as me, so when i get one I say a prayer for her head also) she asked how my head was doing. And I told her it had been a week, and in her wisdom, she said I might have a sinus infection and should get on an antibiotic. Well, duh! It seems to take someone else to clue me into things sometimes. On Monday morning when I woke up and my sinuses were burning, I knew it was time. I am now on day 2 of my 5 day meds. I just wish they worked with the first dose. But these pills seem to always to the trick.
I get headaches often and the kids are used to it. They are great, they know not to turn the lights on, when mom has the heating pad on her face to let her sleep (unless some one is bleeding or on fire), they know this is just life sometimes. Last year I was having one of those type of headaches and Andy (our artist) drew me two pictures. One is "The Headache" and the other is "The Get Well." I showed June (my headache buddy) the drawing and she loved it. She loved it so much she took it to the copy machine and made a copy for herself. As you can see, I have posted "The Headache", this really does show how I feel sometimes.

Today (Wednesday), I am not feeling better. But there is the hope of feeling better. I also know if this drug doesn't work, my doctor is just a phone call away and he has better meds.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I totally remember your headaches! So sorry it's not going away! Get better soon!