Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Box

When a box arrives with the return address of Tennessee, the kids know who it is from; Grannie and Great Papa Jacobson (Joy's parents.) The box is just as much a tradition as stockings and the tree. With the blending of two families we are trying to keep some of our own family traditions alive and add our own special one. One that I had growing up was opening presents early. I think my dad just got tired of me bugging him so much that he finally gave in, either that or he was just so excited he couldn't wait until Christmas. To keep that tradition alive we let the kids open one gift a day from my parents. It helps to spread out the gift giving and then the remember who gave them what.
Now the kids are big enough to open the box on their own and sort out the presents.



I think Mom Cat is looking for her gift.

1 comment:

ME and DE said...

Our cat used to sleep under the tree, but only when there were presents under it. I miss that. It is also nice to read about your tradition of opening one present a day. Is there a certain day you let the kids start?