Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Crafting and Gifting Fun

For my parents this year I came up with what I thought was a great idea. I got to use my now new favorite craft product, Mod Podge! I made a shadow box that holds my very first pair of ballet shoes. Once this idea came to me I couldn't wait to get it made. I want to thank my many crafting friends and family for teaching me how to Mod Podge. I was able to tap into the long lost creative side of me and have fun doing this.

I started with Mod Podge...

Found this fun shadow box (Hobby Lobby! My new favorite store. Hard to believe that just a few months ago I had never heard of this amazing store.)

Dug out the old shoes, because of the organized storage room was able to find them right away...

Picked out the paper...


And there is the finished project. Like most things in my life I thought it would take hours, or perhaps day to finish this...I took less than an hour.

It is pretty cool to see these displayed. I hope my parents enjoy it as much I as did making it. To me when I look at those shoes I see all the years of classes, rehearsals, friends made, blood (point shoes!), sweat and tears. But I wouldn't trade those years for anything. That was a huge part of my life, a life that seems like a lifetime ago. I am going to make for me a shadow box that has my first costume and first pair of point shoes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome! What a great way to capture the memory.

Kari said...

love love love this! Turned out so cute and such a great idea. I think I will be copying this one!