Monday, February 21, 2011

sew much fun


For Christmas this year I received a sewing machine from my in-laws. I had been thinking I wanted one for a while and what do you know? Santa came through! I had learned to sew when I was really little. My mom did a lot of sewing and I learned some from her, but that was many moons ago. And this machine is very different from my mom's one. It does all kinds of crazy stitches. It even does button holes. We had our very first lesson on my new machine. I learned how to do all kinds of fun things. Now I am looking for my first project. I have a few in mind. I am going to keep it simple and see how it goes.





My first project! I did a bunch of different kinds of stitches. The kids think I should frame it, I just might. My mom would be so proud.


Thanks Kathy for teaching and picking up where my mom has left off. I love you mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Kathy is the perfect teacher. I expect to see you soon wearing garden gloves while you are doing quilting on your maching; haha!