Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bedtime fun

As a child I remember my dad putting me to bed. I remember him singing me a song, one of nursery rimes gone crazy.

Old mother Hubbard went to her cupboard to fetch her poor dog a bone
And when she got there the cupboard was bare
So she threw it out the window
The window, the window, the second story window
When she got there the cupboard was bare
So she threw it out the window.

Little miss muffet sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey
And along came a spider and sat down beside her
And she threw it out the window....and so on

One other fun tradition dad had was to read me books in bed. Not the normal way though, backwards. As he would read, I really don't know who was laughing more, him or I. And this is now a tradition I have passed on to Andy. The other night I read "Are you my mother?", backwards. Not that hard, you may think, well just try it. We are so used to words being in a certain order that it is much harder.

So tonight as you go to bed think of Andy and I reading "mother my you Are"

No comments: