Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Adventure with dad

As we were leaving the park I noticed the van running funny. We had a flat tire. I had the Jack, the spare tire but no tire wrench. So I started to work the phone. My little brother, who is very handy and has helped me in situations like this before was able to bring an air compressor to me. As we started to fill up the tire we noticed the tire was fine. It was the valve stem that had come loose. I noticed that if I held the stem in one spot it stopped leaking. We had no string or duct tape but as many may know, I always carry band-aids in my wallet. We pumped up the tire, put a few band-aids on the stem and drove onto walmart. On the way I stuck my head out the door and the tire was doing fine, so we kept on driving to Discount Tire. (my fav tire store, and here's why. ..)

"No problem, we can fix that is less then 5 min".
"And I like the band-aid fix it job" said the tire man.

The cost was only $2.14 for a new valve stem, having a brother that can come help you, priceless.


No comments: