Thursday, August 12, 2010

Surprise!

Making a baby announcement in the Snyder family has gotten to be pretty fun. The last two pregnancies that were announced were very clever, and I wanted to make ours fun also. One sis-in-law had made a "I'm a big sister" t-shirt for their only daughter, the other had a poem in a card to her dad that said they were going from 4 grandkids to 5.

So, after much thought this is what we came up with on how to share our surprisingly good news. It was my mom-in-laws birthday, the whole family was going to be there, including great-grandma and great-grandpa, perfect time to share to everyone.

We had some family picture taken a few months earlier and I usually give copies to Steve's mom, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. I bought two frames, one for the whole family picture and the other for the kids. The surprise was going to come when she opened one of the kids pictures. It has three spots for their pictures, but seeing as we have only 2 kids (at the time) there was one spot left for baby to come. I put in the top spot Andy, then middle Ellyn and then the bottom spot I used some really cute baby scrapbooking paper and wrote "Coming in September!" Needless to say she was a little surprised when she opened the last gift. I remember her saying something like..."WHAT? ARE YOU? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?" No one else understood because she was the only one who could see it, and then she turned the frame around and showed everyone, and then they got it.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How clever you two are! mom

Michelle @ Twig said...

such a perfect sequence of photos and expressions!