Sunday, August 10, 2008


Steve took this picture on his way to work, the day of Ralph's funeral.


It always seems so weird to me how life goes on. The day after Ralph's funeral, we went to the store, the kids were outside playing, life just moves on. I remember at the grave site, seeing how all of our lives had just stopped for a few days, but now as we were there saying goodbye, the world around us was still moving. People going places, kids running around, but ours had stopped.


It was also strange to me to keep blogging. One day I am posting about the death of a friend, and now I am posting Family Fun. I wasn't too sure how to continue, but just as life goes on so does the family. Just because we move on doesn't mean we have forgotten. I still think of LaShon all day. Wondering how she is doing, not knowing how she can go on. I think of her when I lay down to sleep at night and how horrible it would be to never have my husband by me again. How I see Steve's stuff all over the house and how could she even stand to be in her house? How in just 4 months things can change. We are very blessed. I am very thankful for the life we have and the family that surrounds me. I am so thankful for the hope I have in Jesus. Becasue I know without that I hope I couldn't go on.

1 comment:

Michelle @ Twig said...

Beautiful.
i too have thought of Lashon often and how she is doing and how she is continuing.
we never know what God has in store but we do know that He knows what is best for us and has paths awaiting us.