Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Today we had to say goodbye to a dear friend.


Ralph Placencia passed away this past Sunday. He had recently been diagnosed with a very rare disease you can read about in on their family blog. He had a smile as big as his ears. Ralph and I met at Arby's about 13 years ago. He was a great guy. The service today was so great. His good friend Justin shared Ralph's life story and did such an amazing job. We laughed just as much as we cried. Then friends and family shared their memories of Ralph. You should take the time to read his obit here. In an email from my mom she said that she feels as if she has lost one of her own kids. That is how so many of us feel, that he was our family. If I were to guess, and I am not too good at this, I would have to say there were about 150 people at his funeral. His wife LaShon, a very strong woman, is pregnant with their son Treysen. She is a survivor, she will make it through this. Even though Ralph is gone, he will not be forgotten. We love you Ralph and miss you.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I'm sorry to hear about Ralph!!! I know you will be there to help LaShon in any way she needs it!!