Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dinner Time!

We have started something new in the Snyder family for dinner. Each of our two kids gets one night a week where they pick what they want for dinner, help with the shopping list, make the dinner and other such fun.

Andy had the first night, he picked spaghetti (not a surprise) and scones.

(me trying to make scones like mom does)

Now Steve loves scones and wants his mom to make them every Sunday for dinner. I have the recipe, so I thought, sure why not. I know I will never make them like mom does, but we can give it a shot. (I did have to call her in the middle of it and ask a question about the dough, it just didn't look right. She was great to help) They even turned out ok. I bought Honey Butter just for the occasion.

Ellyn was feeling left out so she got to help also. She can't wait for her turn tomorrow.

After dinner, Steve was asking Andy about what he learned in the kitchen and what kind of tools he had used. It was a great learning experience for all involved. (I learned to practice patience with a smile!)

2 comments:

Melody said...

Way to go Andy! Good Job! Keep it up!!!

Michelle @ Twig said...

What a good good idea! So great for the kids to not only learn to cook + shop etc. but to see what a mom really does and learn to appreciate it more. I love it!