Saturday, March 21, 2009

Math Time

I had to get Ellyn a new math book, she had finished her old one and was ready to move on. I found a great on at Barnes and Noble. For Andy I use Math U See and love it. I will probably get the same for Ellyn next year. The Math U See comes with all the fun blocks that help the kids do the math and understand it. One other thing I like about it, is the lessons are taught by a teacher and they just have to watch it on DVD. Then they have lesson pages that go with it and then review pages and then a test. And it is up to me how many lesson pages they need and review pages. For Andy usually one lesson page is needed because he has caught on to the concept and then does one review and then his test. So far he seems to like it.

Ellyn using the blocks to do her addition.


Today it must have been "do math on the floor day", can you see the nice desks they both have? The ones not being used? All part of homeschooling.

3 comments:

Melody said...

I love the middle picture!!!!

Michelle @ Twig said...

I love how involved and creative you are in the kids schooling. It's really inspirational.

Joy said...

thanks shell. i have learned so much from other homeschoolers. these ideas are not mine that is for sure. and one huge thing that i have learned is when i am completely out of ideas, i pray. i mean if the God of all, and created all, surely He can give me ideas for what spelling program to use for my kid. and you know what? He always comes through. i am excited to order more books this week!!