Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve Fun

When you get married you have to find a way to merge the two family traditions. Some are easier to do than others. One tradition that I had growing up was we opened up our gifts on Christmas Eve. I found out after I had grown up that the reason we did this was because my parents wanted to sleep in. I wanted to keep some of this tradition alive, and we have found a way to do that. On Christmas Eve morning we let the kids open one gift. Then later in the day after we had gone to dinner and been down to see the Festival of Lights in Spanish Fork, we let the kids open a few more gifts. It makes them enjoy it more, I think. On Christmas day it is just too over whelming to do everything at once, and they seem to remember what they have gotten if we break it up. This year the gifts they loved were for Andy a new book (got to love a kid who loves to get books!) and for Ell was a How to draw Spongebob book. After gifts it was time to settle down (right) and get to sleep. Santa had to wait for the kids to fall asleep so he could bring the rest of Christmas by. He was pretty tired by the time he had left the gifts. I have to say it was a great Christmas Eve this year. I even got a gift from Santa! I think Santa just couldn't wait for Christmas Day. I got a new wedding ring! Mine had broken a few years ago and we just hadn't gotten around to getting it fixed. So, Steve got me a new one. I was so surprised. He is just full of surprises this year.


MomCat seems to think one of these is for her. This has been her favorite place to sleep. Don't know if she likes the smell of the tree or if she thinks she is outside.
Ready, set...go!
A new cd!
A new DVD!

No comments: