Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Fun


Before After
Christmas has come to the Snyder house! It is always fun picking out our tree, this year it was a green one. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is putting on the ornaments. I love looking at each one and remembering where we got it. The kids got bored (we have a ton of ornaments) so I finished the tree by myself. And I was ok with that. I would tell Steve the story behind each one. I am on the hunt for Kelsey Anne's first ornament and our new family one. These are the special ones to me.

Steve did the lights this year. Normally I do them, because he doesn't put them on "the right way." Also, I think I do them because every year that he does them he puts them on the wrong way so they can't plug in. And what good are the lights if they are not lit? Well, this year he got them on, almost so they could plug in, and then he did plug them in. And wouldn't you know it, only half the tree was lit!! Poor guy, all that work for nothing. He was off to the garage to hunt down another strand, of hopefully working lights this time, and going to give it another shot. When all was said and done the tree looked great. Now I am in the Christmas mood.
Ellyn with her first ornament.
It was Andy's turn to put the tree on top.
OH so many decorations, Mom can I please be done?
Our half lit tree. I am thankful that Steve didn't leave it that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your tree. Is it one you cut yourself? I love that it has room for the ornaments to hang down. I miss trees like that.