Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Day after Thanksgiving Fun


Can you see what time it it? Yes that is 7:44 am, day after Thanksgiving. Now, I am not one for Black Friday shopping, even when I was a kid we never went out. If we did it was after lunch when all the crazies were home. But this year I was one of the crazies out there. I was not about to be at the stores at 5am, nothing is that much on sale to get me out of my nice warm bed that early, but we did get to Sears around 8.

I wasn't looking for anything specific, like gifts for the kids, they are mostly done. But I was looking for some clothes. And boy, did I find some great deals. We hit Sears and then JC Pennys. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but it was still kind of crazy. And then it got even crazier. I lost Andy!! Or he lost me, not sure which. All I knew was he was gone. On a normal day I would have just looked for him, but not that day. There were way to many people around. I found a lady and asked her "Do you work here?" "Yes, can I help you find something?" Oh yes you can. We had an employee send out Andy's description (by the way on most days I can never remember what my kids are wearing, that has changed) and in just a minute here he comes with an employee. He later told me that once he realized that he was lost he went right to a register, stood in line like he was going to buy something. Then just went right up to the lady and told her he needed some help finding his mom. What a good kid!! This just goes to prove that some of what I say he listens to.

Oh, and the interesting part of this story is this: I told my mom what had happened and she went on to tell me when I was a little younger than Andy she and I were shopping in none other than JC Penny's and she lost me. Or I lost her, I went up to the counter and had her paged. My dad always told me I would be "blessed" with children like I was. Well, dad here is another example that you were right.

All in all it was a fun day. It really got me in the Christmas mood. Almost wanted to make me go home and get Christmas out. Almost. I think I need a nap first.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Way to go Joy for teaching!!!! Way to go Andy for listening!!!!!