Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mom's reading time

I did it! I finished a book. I love to read, but as a busy mom, it doesn't happen much. Well, the reading does, but the finishing doesn't. A few weeks ago my mom mentioned a book by an author that we both loved, Francine Rivers, and she wasn't sure she was going to read it. Just from the title "The Last Sin Eater" she wasn't too sure about it. I felt the same way, but I love her other books, and knew we couldn't go wrong. I was at our library, which for a small town is great, and found her book. So, I grabbed it, read it, finished it and LOVED IT!!

As a mom I don't feel that I accomplish much. The dishes are never really done, the laundry is never really caught up, and let's not talk about the kids rooms. So to close a book. And to know that I accomplished something, is huge.


I love finishing a book.
Closing it.
Turning it over.

Remembering characters.
Feeling the book.
Loving it.

No comments: