Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fun with Cats

George
Snowball
Smokie
Tim
Dusty
Little Bit
Tigger
Rudi
Gracie
Thomas
Miller
Jessie
Mama Cat

We (me and the kids) are cat people. That is the list of cats that have been in our family. From before I was born to our newest member of the family. We have had many cats just move in with us. We open the door and they come on in like they own the place. We have rescued some from shelters or pet stores. Our latest addition come by way of our neighbor, she was moving to California and couldn't take all her cats with her. We were talking one day and I happen to mention that we might be getting a cat, and she asked if we wanted one of hers. I was so excited! Mama Cat is the sweetest cat. She just purrs and purrs. Steve is not a big fan of cats, but Mama is a big fan of Steve. Right after we got her, the kids and I were gone to the store and Steve was sitting on the couch watching tv and here comes Mama and tried to sit on his lap. Up to this point she had not even done that with me! Last night we were watching tv in our room and she jumped up on the bed, on his side and snuggled up with him. She is doing her best to win him over.It is hard to see her, but she is mostly black with brown and a little white.
She loves her belly rubbed!The first few nights that she was with us she slept in the bathroom where her food and kitty box are. I guess Ellyn wanted her to be comfortable, so she let her use her own pillow.

1 comment:

Dian said...

She is so pretty; looks just like my Calico cat Puff. Enjoy!