Sunday, June 28, 2009

I have wanted a garden for a while, but just never got around to doing it. So, this was our year to begin. I had decided to do a square foot garden, no weeding, easy upkeep it all sounded so great to me! I still don't know what I am doing, I keep asking those that have gardened before me many questions. But so far, so good. I am ready to eat.
Our first growth in the garden was this cute jalapeno. I am ready for salsa.
What cute little tomatoes.
If all goes according plan we will be eating tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, onions, cilantro and watermelon. We also have sunflowers growing for fun and strawberries for next year.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Joy,
The garden looks beautiful. Enjoy your mexican meal with your cilantro, tomatoes and jalopeno.

Michelle @ Twig said...

I didn't know you were gardening!!! Yay that's so great. We are trying our first year at it too.