Sunday, June 21, 2009

To the dads in our life

What could Steve and his dad be looking at? They are looking at what we had just found in our basement, where the water fall had just been flowing. We heard water running and we went running to find it flowing in the basement. And what is it you do when you don't know what to do? You call dad of course. Kathy and Ev had been out and didn't mind a stop before heading home to help us out.
And Ev's words of wisdom? "Let's cut your ceiling!" Really, is that helping to make more of a mess in my living room? Well, I guess father knows best.
At first Steve was a little hesitant to cut into the water logged ceiling, but once he got started he just kept on cutting.
Then the search was on for the leak! The looked and looked and looked some more.
Until they finally found the leaky pipe. And like any good repair man Ev returned the next day to fix our leaky pipe. Thanks dad. You see this is why we will always live by our parents. If we had been close to my parents house, you can know for sure my dad would have been right over to help us out. And just like Ev he would have helped Steve find the problem and get it fixed. We are very blessed to have some great dads in our family. So to my dad, my dad-in-law and Steve: Thanks for being such great dads!! We love you.
Oh, by the way, this is how my basement currently looks. I have to remember it could have been so much worse.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

That picture of Ev with his head in the ceiling made me literally laugh out loud!! I know this is quite a serious matter, but it made me laugh. I'm glad your leak is fixed and I hope the rest gets fixed quickly!

Sandra