Thursday, June 4, 2009

A little family fun

I was ready to leave.
Not sure where I was going.
But I knew I was ready.

I was just about done, with everything and everybody. I had been "doing" too much and needed to not be "doing." I told my wonderful husband that we (family) needed to get away to do something, or I was going to be getting away, and maybe in a rubber truck to a padded room.

So, the plan was to take off to Mesquite. Not too far away, but far enough. We stayed at the Casablanca. We had never stayed there and was not too sure what to expect. We had seen the pool and it looked fun. So, we tried it out. And love it. The rooms were nice, the pool great and the food even better ( i didn't have to cook it!!)


All we did this weekend was eat, watch movies (Night at the Museum, UP, and Hotel for Dogs all great) and swim. It was a great get away.


Ready for the trip. The kids have their beds made, books on hand and snacks ready.

Just a few of the things the kids did to try to pass the time while waiting for our food.

Ready for the pool.

The Pool.

In the pool.

Ellyn getting her towel ready, Steve taking pictures with his phone. Got to have something to do until the pool opens.

This is Andy's "I am grumpy because the pool is not open" face. We had to wait until 9am for them to open. That is a long time when you get up at 6am.

They had a fun water slide. Ellyn only went down twice by herself, and Andy had to be there to catch her. I went down a few times the day we were leaving, and she loved it then.


Ellyn came with everything she needed in her two suitcases. Everyone thought she looked so cute leaving the hotel.

We ran into some rain storms on the way home. It was pretty cool to see some real rain storms. These Utah rain storms are not like the ones I grew up with. When it rained, it RAINED.


The kids slept on the way home, which made for a very nice ride. Take a look at Andy's hair, that boy needs a hair cut.

2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

I've been wondering why you haven't blogged! What a fun looking trip and I love Ellyn with her 2 bags!!!

Diane said...

I love the car decked out with sleeping bags, books, goodies and all. Looks like they were prepared! Swimming pool looks like a wonderful resort! Wow!