Monday, April 19, 2010

it's a...baby!

today we had our ultrasound. and it is a baby, just one, which is good. we don't know if it is a girl or a boy. we do know that all is well. as the doctor said, baby has all it's parts. we do know that it is a very active baby. but, i could have told him that. baby wouldn't cooperate with the dr. when the dr would need to see the heart, baby would flip. when he needed him to turn, baby would just sit there. i think this kid is going to fit in nicely with our kids.

i am still trying to understand something about pregnancy, why do some women just love it? to me it is just a means to an end. i am here to tell you i am ready to get this show on the road. let's have a baby already! my life gets put on hold for nearly 10 months, i am sick as a dog and so tired that i have to rest after walking up our stairs. pregnancies are very hard on my body, labor and delivery are another story. if i could have pregnancies like my deliveries, we might have more kids. but i don't. i really can't do much while i am pregnant. i also have very easy recoveries. i think it is because i have felt so lousy for 10 months that anything seems better to what it was.

i also just love being a mom. i think i do better as a mom, then a pregnant lady. i am now 20 weeks, which means i am half way there. in the home stretch. i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. i am so done.

tonight as i was tucking ellyn in bed she gave me a hug and gave my belly a hug and said "good night baby. i hope you are a girl."

2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

That is such a good ultrasound. It would be so fun if you had a girl. What names are you thinking??? Pregnancy is tough. I used to look at pregnant women and just think oh cute but now I know how it really is. I guess the part to enjoy is the miraculous part of a human being growing inside of you. Feel proud to have a healthy body that can carry a little one and enjoy the little kicks and movements and hiccups!

Connie Lowe said...

Wow, what a clear picture of the baby. Amazing that the head is actually attached. I guess that's what they do in those small spaces. I love that you can see the ribs so well too.