Friday, April 16, 2010

Sew much fun

wish i could say this was my original idea, but it wasn't. i saw this on a blog and had to try it. well, had to have my mother in law try it. i don't even own a sewing machine, but i knew she would be able to help me out. and i am glad to say it was pretty easy and i love the way it turned out. i am having a hard time buying maternity close, but who doesn't. (if you didn't please tell me where you got your cute clothes.) i can find pants ok, but am having a hard time with shirts. i am short and all the maternity shirts are long, oh so long and they make me look even shorter. i also don't like the "tent" look. you know what i am talking about. i had seen this type of shirt at a store, but didn't want to pay that much for one shirt so i headed over to the ladies department and bought a normal shirt just two sizes larger, and then sewed an elastic in the side seam. i should be able to wear it for a while, i am hoping anyway not to get that big that fast.
the before shirt
sorry kathy, you made it into the blog. thanks for your sewing skills.the after shirt. love the gathers on the side.


2 comments:

Michelle @ Twig said...

What a good idea, I needed this!

Connie Lowe said...

Wow, I must say, you're pretty clever. That looks way better!!!