Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Something to think about

I have been reading a great book "Trusting God, Even when life hurts" by Jerry Bridges. It has been a life changing book. When I am done I will share more. But, I wanted to share what I read today it made me think...

Chapter 11 "Trusting God for Who You Are"

"The fact that God ordained our days for us should also give meaning to every day, not just the special or exciting days of our lives. Every day is important for us because it is a day ordained by God. If we are bored with life there is something wrong with our concept of God and His involvement in our daily lives. Even the most dull and tedious days of our lives are ordained by God and ought to be used by us to glorify Him."

Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait a second...did you finish your other book? The momma going south one?
Ashley

Joy said...

i have finished the other book. but i was reading the two at the same time, along with two others.