Friday, February 27, 2009

Free Zoo Day!

The Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake has free zoo days during the winter. This past week we went and they had some things for homeschoolers. All though we didn't find them until we were leaving the zoo. They had fun scavenger hunts for the kids. I picked up some and we will just do it next time. We got to the zoo just as it was opening, and it was cold. It was nice because there were not a lot of people there yet, when we left at noon, it was packed!

We have just started our new science book. We are studing Zoology, what a great way to start off the new book. We had the kids draw what animals they liked and they had a great time.

Ellyn was drawing a monkey.


Andy (wearing dad's plaid jacket) drawing a rino.

My favorite part of the zoo is the big cats. I want one.

They had set up at the homeschool table all kind of things for the kids to look at and feel. Ellyn is feeling some kind of animal fur, I don't remember what it was, I just remember that it was soft.

Mom, Ellyn and Andy having fun together!

1 comment:

Melody said...

The big cats are my favorite too!!!!